This article summarizes the steps for a successful Viper deployment for your business. It also shows you how data and content is organized in Viper.
Setting up your Viper Site, loading it with your content and data, and completing training typically takes 2-4 weeks. That timeline may be shorter or longer depending on a number of variables, including how much content/data you have and how quickly you can organize and upload it to our Data Load Team. Most deployments include 6 Days of data load services at no extra charge, which can be spread out over several days or weeks depending on how long it takes your team to complete the upload process. As you upload your content and data, our Data Load Team will load it into your Viper Site. While the Viper deployment phase may seem like a good opportunity to "clean up" your content, we encourage you to AVOID spending lots of time revising your content prior to upload since you can always modify content once it has been loaded into your Viper Content Library.
- Setup VIPER GO [Viper team + your team] - VIPER GO is your personal guide for the deployment process. It is our dedicated deployment site, where you can complete introductory tutorials, upload data and content, and track your deployment progress every step of the way. Your team will be set up on VIPER GO after you sign your Viper contract and pay the one-time setup fee.
- Setup your Viper Site [Viper team] - We will use the information and preferences you provide about your business to setup your customized Viper site.
- Data Upload [your team] - You will upload content and data to the upload area in VIPER GO. Note that some data needs to be in a specific format according to the spreadsheet templates we have provided.
- Branding: Upload logos, color palettes, marketing materials, etc. Basically, anything that will help us brand your custom Client Site. Background photos should be at least 1440px x 900px.
- Clients: Upload your client contacts and client accounts. Contacts must have an email address. Should be in Excel or CSV format. Download Client Spreadsheet
- Contracts: Upload contract template(s) in Microsoft Word format. Viper can auto-generate contracts for you based on your contract template(s).
- Hotels: Upload your hotels and hotel contacts. Should be in Excel or CSV format. Download Hotels Spreadsheet
- Pricing: Add your product pricing to the provided Pricing Worksheet and upload the completed worksheet. Download Pricing Spreadsheet
- Proposal Content: Upload proposal content in Microsoft Word or PowerPoint format. In order to make the upload process as easy as possible for your team, we can accept content organized in a variety of different ways. For instance, you can upload individual files for each description of a given restaurant, activity, or venue. Or maybe you have a master file that contains all restaurants, all activities, all venues, and so on. Or maybe you prefer to upload recent proposals you have done so that our Data Load Team can extract the content and build individual articles in your Viper Content Library. During the upload process, you'll have the opportunity to organize your content by adding folders for different destinations and classifications (i.e. activities, venues, staffing, transportation).
- Sample Proposals: Upload your best or biggest proposals so we can see how you currently build and format your proposals.
- Vendors: Upload your vendors and vendor contacts. Should be in Excel or CSV format. Download Vendors Spreadsheet
How is data organized in Viper?
The diagram below provides a visual representation of how your data and content is organized in Viper. You can also see how the different types of data and content are combined when added to programs.